Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Saguaro in Bloom (Saguaro National Park, AZ)


Well, as I said earlier, last Sunday I managed to make it to Saguaro National Park, near Tucson, and finally snap some photos of the saguaro in bloom.  Years ago, when I first moved to Arizona, I had no idea that the saguaro cactus bloomed, and when I first saw it the flowers seemed unreal to me, like oversized artificial flowers someone would purchase as a home accent.  Since then, I vowed to get a few good photos of them.  These photos are as good as I got last Sunday.




Even though this is only a partial profile, this photo, above, is my favorite, as I managed to capture significant detail of the saguaro's immaculate white blossoms.


This bird took me by surprise.  Snapping the photo above, I was unaware that it was flapping its way to this saguaro cactus, not until...


I found it chirping its song at the summit, and I couldn't resist photographing its serenade.

No comments:

Post a Comment