Saturday, May 10, 2014

Old Tucson, AZ


I have a confession: I've been lazy these days.  The result has been my neglect in posting photos from Old Tucson.  As I mentioned previously, Old Tucson is a theme park with an American frontier theme.  Multiple Western films, including Tombstone with Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer, have been filmed here.  For any history buff, Old Tucson provides a good time.  In addition to gift stores and restaurants, there are exhibits and cowboy-themed performances throughout the day.  One of the times I visited here they were holding a reenactment of a gunfight.  Here are some choice photographs from my recent visit.  Enjoy.










I didn't manage to have this confirmed, but I believe this church facade served as the church in the opening scene of the movie Tombstone.





I have always thought antique wanted signs from the Old West were cool, including these reproductions.


This reminds me of a Gypsy caravan, or a circus wagon.


Classic Old Western scene.


Ending with a cowboy serenade.


No comments:

Post a Comment