Saturday, September 15, 2012

Papago Park, Phoenix, AZ

Papago Park, Phoenix, AZ
At the convergence point between Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tempe lies this beautiful municipal desert park. In addition to offering a series of walking trails and large red rocks to climb, Papago Park is also the location of the Phoenix Zoo and the Desert Botanical Garden. On one side of the park, you can enjoy some spectacular views of the cityscapes of Phoenix and Tempe, while on another side you can gaze out at Camelback Mountain in the not-too-far distance. Unfortunately, time did not permit me to capture the photographs I wanted of Camelback Mountain, but here are some photos of the park that I took today during my walk. I love the otherworldly look of the red rocks; you can almost kid yourself that you're in a place far away from anything you have ever known. I hope you enjoy these photos as much as I enjoyed taking my walk today.

Papago Park, Phoenix, AZ 
Papago Park, Phoenix, AZ 
Papago Park, Phoenix, AZ
Papago Park, Phoenix, AZ
Papago Park, Phoenix, AZ
Check it out: Papago Park

1 comment:

  1. I guess it's the worm brown rocks against the cool blue sky, the accidental sculpture and intense, surprising shadows tucked away in the wind-softened stone, and the tenacious vegetation that seems to knowing place itself just where there needs to be a spot of green...or are there really no words to explain why these photos are so beautiful?
    Lovely, Happenstance. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete