Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Christmas Tree Post


As I have already mentioned, the Christmas season is one of the times of year, along with autumn, when I miss my hometown of Chicago the most.  I love the lights and decorations that come with Christmas, providing color, warmth, and illumination to an otherwise dark period of the year.  I also love the snow.  I wish I had been more deliberate in pursuing this theme when I was visiting Chicago, as there were many specimens to choose from, but I hope these suffice to give you, dear blog follower, an idea of the beauty found in Chicago during the Christmas season.  Above is a Christmas tree found in the lobby atrium of the Sears Tower.  Outside, the snow swirls and whips about in the wind.  By the way, I used this visit to resume my search for Willis Tower, but with no luck.


Above, a Christmas tree found on the second floor of the Milwaukee Public Market (the only non-Chicago specimen included here), sporting a patriotic theme.


Above, a wholesome, country-inspired Christmas tree, situated in a bank parking lot, of all places, across the street from The Lucky Horseshoe Lounge.


Above, gracing the park of the historic Water Tower.


A profusion of color and light in Daley Plaza, on display during the annual Christkindlmarket festival.


Above, a grand, multi-storied finale on the second floor of the Bloomingdale's mall on Michigan Avenue.  I must confess that I found the Christmas decorations in Chicago this year to be somewhat muted, but this particular Christmas tree would stand out on any given year.

No comments:

Post a Comment