Monday, July 23, 2012

Drop Dead Gorgeous!

Tie-Dye Vendor, Portland Saturday Market, Portland, OR
Look at this spiffy dresser! When I saw this in Portland last year, I couldn't resist taking its photograph. Having lived in the American Southwest, I have developed a fondness for all things Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead). Maybe not so much beauty encountered by happenstance as cool stuff encountered by chance. I also love tie-dyed shirts. When I was a kid, we used to tie-dye our own shirts. They never came out as spectacularly colorful and intricate as these, but there was something fun in the mystery of unfolding the shirt for the first time and seeing the resulting design. This photo was taken last October. Hence, all of the Halloween decorations. At one time, I made a tie-dyed shirt using the colors of orange, black, and brown. It was my all-time favorite tie-dyed shirt. Depending on my mood, I could call it either "autumnal" or just "Charlie Brown." It's a Great Pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment