Monday, December 22, 2014

Two Views of Michigan Avenue at Night (Chicago, IL)


I took these photos towards the end of my trip, when I was walking down Michigan Avenue and soaking up the Christmas shopping energy. With their lights of red and green, both the John Hancock Center (above and below) and the Bloomingdale building (below) are decked out in seasonal glory. Growing up in Chicago, I used to love walking down Michigan Avenue during the Christmas season, with the chilled air brushing my face, sometimes bringing snow flurries to the city, and the holiday shoppers migrating from one vertical shopping mall to another.  To this day, nothing says Christmas to me like a visit to Chicago, and a walk down Michigan Avenue. After all, the holiday season is about coming home, is it not? 


No comments:

Post a Comment