Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Morning Views

Sunrise in South Mountain, Phoenix, AZ
My life lacks a lot of variety lately, and so I have chosen to slow down and appreciate the beauty I see before me everyday. First, this image of sunrise from this morning. I have given so much exposure to the sunset that I have neglected to give equal time to its morning counterpart. This morning's sunrise was a fiery glow that illuminated a blue sky still partially dark from the night before. I had been meaning to capture such morning beauty, and so here is one instance of early morning glory.

Mesa, AZ
This is the same lake that I captured in one of my posts from last week. I just decided to take photos from more detailed angles. I have been really impressed with the way the morning sun reflects upon the water and, maybe because I now live in the desert and see a lot of parched, naked earth, I find myself attracted to any patch of cool organic green.

Mesa, AZ
I still love the stately calm of palm trees standing in the distance. Their verticality helps to offset the vast horizontal spread of the lake.

Mesa, AZ
It might be obvious to some already, but I love trees. Dead trees, living trees, trees budding with small growths of green foliage, trees in bloom, trees ablaze in autumnal shades of scarlet and gold. And I love close-ups of trees, so the viewer cannot help but feel enveloped in their leafy spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment