Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Along the Boulder Creek Trail, Part One

Boulder Creek, Boulder, CO
Last Sunday in Boulder offered a clear blue sky and full sunlight, along with a sharp chill in the morning. I loved it. After having breakfast at my hotel, I couldn't resist the urge to get out and take one more walk along the Boulder Creek Trail. I cannot count how often I took this trail up into the mountains when I lived in Boulder. To this day, it remains one of my fondest memories of the city, along with the Pearl Street Mall. Of course, I felt the need to take my camera along, to record, to document the beauty I encountered along my walk, to have a series of visuals this time around to help support my memories. It was an incredible morning, and these photos are the fruits of my journey. Enjoy!

Fallen tree, Boulder Creek, Boulder, CO
Blazing autumn foliage and Boulder Creek, Boulder, CO
So often, autumn out West comes dressed in gold. Golden cottonwoods, golden aspen. When bright scarlet makes her appearance, you can't help but to take notice.

Tree close-up, Boulder, CO
Beautiful jumble of branches, boughs, and leaves. I love the rough texture of the bark.

Moving into the mountains, Boulder, CO 
Here we start our gradual ascent.

Colorado pines, Boulder, CO
Trees and distance, Boulder, CO 
Along the road, Boulder, CO 
Great rocks, Boulder, CO
Rocks and pine, Boulder, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment