Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Autumn Cottonwoods, Boulder, CO

Cottonwoods along the Boulder Creek Trail, Boulder, CO
Okay, I lied. I have to post one more photo today. My first two days in Boulder last weekend were gray and chilly, with occasional rain. I love those type of misty autumn days. But I also love sunny autumn days, when the sky is a crisp, clear blue and sunlight bathes the land. That was precisely the type of day that I welcomed on Sunday, my last full day in Boulder, when I spent the morning walking farther along the Boulder Creek Trail into the mountains. I love cottonwood trees in autumn, the way they turn to a bright, sunny gold, similar to the way that aspens change in the fall. Here is a choice photo I took of cottonwood trees while on the Boulder Creek Trail. As you can see, there is a house tucked in behind all of the foliage. Some lucky people get to enjoy this view each and every morning, and I am jealous. Happy autumn, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment