Saturday, May 11, 2013

Vintage Red Truck


All these weeks later and I can't believe I never posted photos from my most recent trip to Goldfield, AZ. This one stands alone. Don't ask me how an old truck with an Idaho license plate found its way to the desert of Arizona. Judging from the looks of it, I wonder whether it hitched a ride here. But I have to say that this scene has a particular rustic charm, filled with the nostalgia we sometimes nurse for yesteryear (even though most of us were not even born when a truck like this had command over the highways) that I couldn't resist snapping a photo of this scene. Classic early 20th century USA. Kind of makes you imagine seeing a young Clark Kent running across farm and fields outside of Smallville, stunned and thrilled by the discovery that he can fly. Speaking of Superman, I can't wait for the new Superman movie, Man of Steel, that's due out in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment