Sunday, October 28, 2012

Saguaro Seen through Branches

Saguaro as seen through an ocotillo's branches
Today, I didn't travel far. I made a visit to Goldfield, another Western ghost town that has been converted into a tourist destination with a frontier theme. This is in the area of the Superstition Mountains and the visitor center I took photos at and posted on this blog a few weeks ago. The visitor center actually has a few desert walking trails, and so, trying to get all artsy, I took this photo of a saguaro framed by an ocotillo's bare branches. By the way, this ocotillo, while seeming to be dead, is actually very much alive, just dormant. A closer look would reveal a slight verdant shade to the branches, betraying a solid sign of life. I have other photos I took from today, many of the town of Goldfield, and I will share those later. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment