Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Place for Peace

Peace Wall, Bisbee, AZ
Today, I made a day-trip to one of my favorite historic small towns: Bisbee, Arizona. Located in the midst of rolling desert hills, Bisbee has all of the characteristics of many old Western towns. Once a place known for its mining industry (think: Bisbee turquoise), it is now a quaint, rambling little town that has maintained its historic character by preserving its original architecture. If you love art galleries and antique stores, and a quirky, hippie sensibility, then Bisbee is the place for you. I love Bisbee. This was my first time in Bisbee for almost four years, and the first visit since my move back to Arizona. I was not disappointed. I was happy to find this mural still gracing the facade of this wall, as I wanted to take a new photograph of it. The original photograph that I took, about five years ago, did not come out right, but this one turned out very well. I have more photos of the town, but it's late and I am a little tired. Tomorrow I will post the rest of them. Until then: Peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment