Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Beautiful Day in Lincoln Park, Chicago

Chicago skyline from Lincoln Park Conservatory

Today, I took advantage of the beautifully cool and sunny weather and took a walk around the park of Lincoln Park. I grew up in the Lincoln Park neighborhood, and even though I no longer live in this area, it is the Lincoln Park neighborhood that conjures up the most stirring memories of my childhood and early adult years in Chicago. I took a good number of photos, but I wanted to honor the beauty of this day by posting these right now. The rest of the photos will be posted later. The first photo is of the Chicago skyline, as seen from the garden grounds of the Lincoln Park Conservatory, which offers free admission to their botanical exhibits. The second photo is a close-up of a monarch butterfly taken on the grounds of the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum in Lincoln Park. Enjoy!

Close-up of monarch butterfly, Chicago, IL
Check it out: Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment